regular expression support is really poor

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

regular expression support is really poor

Postby Guest » Sat May 21, 2005 3:11 pm

I tried replacing ";" with new lines \n\n

Doesn't work - it replaces the text with a string "\n\n" not new lines

Trying to strip empty lines ^$\n\n, ^$ or ^$\n doesn't work.

I'm trying this editor out. So its preliminary report. I like interface. It would be nice to have some line highlite feature - sort of like bookmark, but for multiple lines. Bug - Its impossible to paste by right clicking in little search box on toolbar.

Postby Karlis » Wed May 25, 2005 1:27 pm

Thank you for your feedback.

1) Regular expressions do not support \n, but there is no need for this as you can use multi line mode and enter real line breaks instead.

2) About search box - it is not a bug, search box for toolbar does not support Paste by design, you can use Find dialog window for that purpose.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests