Replace in Files Enhancement for WeBuilder

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Replace in Files Enhancement for WeBuilder

Postby WebPhenom » Wed May 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Right now, when I use the "Replace in Files" button and check the "Display Detailed Results" option, and run it, I do not get to see a list of files that my Replace affected. I use this feature a lot and in other programs like DreamWeaver and Homesite when you run an advanced search and replace across an entire project or multiple subfolders, as it runs it lists the files that were affected so you know that the software worked. Right now in WebBuilder 2010 I don't see such a report, so not sure what Display Detailed Results is for? I would like to see something done where at the very least, after a person runs a Replace in Files (a.k.a. an advanced search and replace), a way to see what files were touched by the software. If this already exists somewhere and at this level, please advise as I can't seem to find it or get it working.
WebPhenom

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests