File Explorer-right click options to add folder, delete file

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

File Explorer-right click options to add folder, delete file

Postby printmkr » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:43 pm

I love being able to add menu options in this program... I added "Close" and "Close All" to the menu when I click on the "Code Editor" window. Helps me emulate my old favorite program, HomeSite. Another thing I miss from HomeSite was you could right click on the File Explorer window, and you could delete a file or create/delete a folder right from within File Explorer. Is something like this possible now or in the future?
printmkr

Postby printmkr » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:14 pm

One of the resons this is convienent is, if you are working in a folder, you can right-click on the file navigator, and the "new" menu would popup. Then whatever new file you created would be created in that same folder. Right now it seems when you create a new file, you have to navigate through your file system, usually to get to the very same folder you are working in currently. Once again, unless I am missing a better way to do this currently, would love to know!
printmkr

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:24 pm

Thank you for your feedback. Currently you can create new folder by using File Explorer tolbar button with standard new folder icon.

As I understand, your second suggestion would be that whenever you create new file and use the Save As, the folder selected in the Save As dialog is the same as in File Explorer?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby HeadElf » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:07 am

Please! Please! Context menu for file explorer AND ability to select more than one file! Right now I have to select each file I want to open (or delete) individually, perform the task, then select the next. Time consuming!

HeadElf
HeadElf
HeadElf

Postby syrupcore » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:28 pm

as long as we're asking... drag and drop would be nice for moving files around. I really appreciate the standard windows menu on the folders. nice one.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby flz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:12 pm

I realize this is an old post, but as this does not seem to have made it into the new version, i'd like to draw some attention to this again.

The feature i would prefer most is that when saving new files the save as dialog automatically switches to the folder currently selected in file explorer.

What i'm currently doing is: rightclick the current folder, open an explorer window and create a txt-file there, then rename it to php and doubleclick it to open it in webuilder.
flz

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests