full path display for current file

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

full path display for current file

Postby printmkr » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:10 pm

OK, might be a stupid thing, but I find myself working on multiple directories that have the same file name in them (say "index.php"). If I have several open, I have to constantly mouse down to the file name tab to see the full path displayed for reassurance that I am working on the correct index.php. Is there a way we could have the full path displayed, like in a menu bar or a tool bar or something? Or is there a way to do that now that I am missing? Thanks for reading!
printmkr

Re: full path display for current file

Postby Bendis » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:29 pm

printmkr wrote:I find myself working on multiple directories that have the same file name in them (say "index.php"). If I have several open, I have to constantly mouse down to the file name tab to see the full path displayed for reassurance that I am working on the correct index.php.

A good suggestion! For me, it is the same, when i work with files from different directories or a project.

What about to show the full path at the top bar? It is quite common to show the full path there.
At the moment, HTMLPad already displays the document's name there.

For example: "HTMLPad 2005 - [index.htm]"

Wouldn't it be easy to implement the full path there, too?
Bendis

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:00 pm

This suggestion is in the list already and its time will come soon.

Thanks for reminding the importance of this feature.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Perun » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:04 pm

admin wrote:This suggestion is in the list already and its time will come soon.

this is nice. im also waiting for this feature.
Perun

Postby Karlis » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:26 pm

Ok, this will be available in the next release. Already programmed and currently being tested!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests