Select Tag Block/Select Content

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Select Tag Block/Select Content

Postby mwb1100 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:18 am

Select Tag Block seems to only work when sitting on the start tag (or in text following the start tag but before some other nested tag).

Select Tag Block should work anywhere (selecting the smallest encompassing tag block to make it unambiguous) - including if the cursor is on a closing tag.

Select Tag Content seems to select whatever is between ">" and "<" characters, regardless of the actual tags those characters are part of - in other words, Select Tag Content will not select nested tags, which seems like the behavior it should have (but maybe I 'm misunderstanding the intent of this command). In my opinion, this should also work if the cursor is on the closing tag.

Finally, something that's really a feature request: a command to jump to a matching tag would be very useful - similar to the "Match Bracket" command, but for tags.

Thanks for listening!
mwb1100

Postby Karlis » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:30 pm

Thank you for your suggestion. Currently "Select Tag Block" feature is intended to work in a very simple way and indeed the nested tags are not supported. We plan to improve this some time in the future.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests