Related styles direct access or keyboard shortcut

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Related styles direct access or keyboard shortcut

Postby davenz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 am

I hate to mention the opposition, though often features found in other editors would make WeBuilder even better than it is for me, as long as they could be incorporated without too much development time and trouble.

For example, Microsoft Expression Web 4 has a very cool feature where classes names and links in HTML files in code edit view can be clicked and either the relevant linked external CSS file opens with the cursor already at the relevant selector or it jumps to the style block in the head tags with the cursor flashing at the relevant selector there. I realise WeBuilder has a very similar feature with the Related Styles right-click context menu, however this feels a little clumsy by comparison and being able to click directly on the link to jump to the class/selector would be a big time saver for me, and with a lot less clicking. Another way which could take less time to implement yet would be equally as good for me as the above suggestion would be to give us the ability to assign a keyboard shortcut to do the same thing with the existing Related Styles context-menu command; that is, click anywhere in a class name in the HTML code view and hit a keyboard shortcut to jump to the relevant style sheet or style block.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
davenz

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests