FTP Download Files Remembers Last Folder

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

FTP Download Files Remembers Last Folder

Postby davenz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:39 am

Another small and possibly negligible feature request for anyone else but one which I would dearly love to see implemented in WeBuilder is to have the last folder remembered when downloading files via the FTP feature in File Explorer. As it is, I connect the FTP site, then browse to the remote folder I want and select the remote file to download. I right-click on it and select Download Files from the context menu. The browse dialogue pops up with the root always set to Computer (at least it is Computer in Windows 7) and I have to drill down sometimes many folders deep to find my project root. Once that file is downloaded, if I want to grab another one from the same folder (when working on a site at work I often upload any changes to the server and download them when I get home to 'synch' the sites), I have to wade through all the folders to find my project's root folder all over again even though it is a safe bet a file in the same remote folder would be going to the same place. It would also make good sense for WeBuilder to assume any files downloaded from any given project's associated FTP site would by default likely be placed into that project's root (or other corresponding folder). In other words, the first folder selected for the browse dialogue could the the project's root folder as specified in the project's settings.

Another way to look at this would be to have multiple file selection possible on FTP sites similar to the Publish dialogue for uploading, where multiple remote files could be selected all at once and then it wouldn't matter if the browse dialogue always defaulted to Computer (or even Documents or C:) because we would only need to drill down to the project (or destination folder) once to grab all required downloaded files.

Small features like this make life so much easier and result in a lot less wasted coding time and repetitive hand strain from all that clicking.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
davenz

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests