Open all related files

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Open all related files

Postby davenz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 am

Another editor I tried recently sucked, but had a feature I really liked. When changing projects and opening, for example, the index.html page, all linked files were opened along with it, so a .js file and a .css file referred to in the head tags were also opened. I usually have to go and open them all anyway as I am often constantly tweaking them, the css file especially, and I found this feature surprisingly clever. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to implement an option for this behaviour and it would add a lot of usability to WeBuilder. After twenty years of clicking mouse buttons, my wrists and hands are nearly ruined so every click less is valuable to me and opening one file and having associated files open with it is, in my opinion, a worth-while addition to the editor.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
davenz

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests