Compiler option

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Compiler option

Postby swbrains » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi,

I love HTMLPad, but one critical feature is missing for me -- compiling Perl scripts (or more generically, running any compiler on the current file). I like to check the syntax of my scripts prior to uploading to the server. I can set up an external app, but it runs in a command box and isn't integrated. In a few editors I've evaluated, the compiler can be configured with the ability to specify an output template expression to capture output using variables to represent the location of the error in each output line (for example, "* at %F line %L"). An option allows the output can be displayed within a pane of the editor and also other options allow hiding and auto-closing of the command window during execution, so errors are displayed within a separate pane of the editor instead of a separate command window.

Also, highlighting the errors in the source was also possible so that would be a nice feature as well (by parsing the symbol and line number using the output expression on each line of the output).

Also, I'd like to be able to assign a shortcut key to the compiler (or any external command) so I can run a syntax check with a simple F8 press instead of navigating menus.

Forgive me if these features are available and I missed them. :)

Regards,
- Vinnie
swbrains

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests