PHP strings highlight improvements

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

PHP strings highlight improvements

Postby ggiunta » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:52 pm

- use a different color for escaped chars inside double quuoted PHP strings, e.g. "\n"

- highlight php keywords TRUE and FALSE
ggiunta

Postby Karlis » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:05 pm

Yes, TRUE and FALSE are PHP reserwed. I'll try to add them in the next update.

Will see if anything can be done with the escaped chars...

Thanks for your suggestions. :wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

PHP strings highligt improvements

Postby ScotDiddle » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:31 pm

Hi Karlis, I am new to web programming, and try stuff which may, or may not, work... I tried to include some PHP logic inside of some JavaScript. What I wanted to do in this case worked, however, I thought that I was on the wrong track because the PHP code ( including <?php ) inherited the colors of the JavaScript code, leading me to believe that what I was trying to do was not supported.... I could not find a way around what I wanted to do, so I coded what I hoped would work, and it did... I found it confusing because the PHP code did not inherit PHP colors... I would like to see PHP colors remain wherever <?php ... ?> coding is used, regardless of surrounding tags, in a future release. Thanks. Scot
...No Digital... None of the Time...
ScotDiddle

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:18 pm

ScotDiddle, yes, you can use PHP in combination with JavaScript, however curently it is not possible for us to technically implement PHP coloring inside JavaScript which is inside HTML code. I hope we will be able to work this out in the future.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: PHP strings highligt improvements

Postby Tecktron » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm

This is so old I'm not sure why it hasn't made it in yet, it should be standard.
So here is my vote on this.

Add color options to key terms in the code like: false, true, null?
Also the ability to set if these terms should be uppercase or lowercase (and auto-correct to those settings).
EG: type true and have it auto change to TRUE. Or the opposite depending on the setting (or ignore if I'm in a string of course).

Bonus would be to also add boldface (or other highlighting options) to the predefined php constants (EG: JSON_HEX_QUOT).
Tecktron

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests