Folder and FTP Pane side by side for upload/download

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Folder and FTP Pane side by side for upload/download

Postby de_hash » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't know if I am missing this, but I have not found a possibility of having the local files (Folder tab in File Explorer Pane) and the FTP-Files (FTP tab in File Explore Pane) next to each other (or below each other), as is in many other programs so that by clicking a transfer-arrow icon the local file is transferred to the FTP site and vice versa. This (windows next to or below each other) is possible in the *main pane* by selecting 'horzontal split' or 'vertical split' and it would be helpful if this would be possible in the Explorer pane too.

FILE EXPLORER PANE

FolderTab | ...| FTP tab
File_1.htm|-->| File1.htm
Image.jpg |<--| Image.jpg
Newfil.htm| ...|
de_hash

Re: Folder and FTP Pane side by side for upload/download

Postby peleus » Sun May 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I think you can split them up. I just can't remember on the way to do it. Can anyone shed a light on this please?
PHP newbie Image
peleus

Postby Nikolajs » Sun May 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Currently it is not possible to arrange FTP and Folders side by side.
Nikolay Dutchuk
Blumentals Software
Nikolajs
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby de_hash » Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks for the info, Nikolajs Dutcuks. Will this be possible in the near future?
Please do consider this :)
de_hash

Postby Nikolajs » Wed May 16, 2012 9:59 am

I will add this to the feature request list. My personal opinion is that FTP / Folders side by side is an FTP client feature. The primary role of FTP in WeBuilder is to upload project files and not to act like a full featured FTP client.
Nikolay Dutchuk
Blumentals Software
Nikolajs
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby de_hash » Wed May 16, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks!

I am sure that many people do their Website development locally, use WeBuilder as the editor and just update the corresponding files when a single file needs to modified.

It just makes it easier for such users and - in general- more universally usable and versatile if the possiblity of displaying exists, even if not the default.
de_hash

Postby charlwillia6 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:21 am

Yes, more FTP support would be nice. I spent about an hour on WeBuilder trying to figure out how to 'easily' download files and folders from my server onto my computer, and there actually is no easy way to do it in WeBuilder. You can of course publish files, but you cannot even publish folders to the ftp server as far as I can see. I know WeBuilder is not a full ftp client, but it would definitely be nice it had a lot more of the ftp client features to make it easier on the web developer. But tonight I had to go download FileZilla just to get everything downloaded from the server right. Beyond that, WeBuilder is the best.
charlwillia6

Postby zetasj55 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Will this be possible in the near future?
Please do consider this :roll:

leather4sure
zetasj55

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests