Duplicate a line

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Duplicate a line

Postby Reuvenm » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:14 pm

CMD+D for example, to replicate a line (when the cursor is in that line-begining) OR a block of code (when this block is marked).
Reuvenm

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:59 pm

Currently you can easily delete line using Ctrl+Y (it is undocummented feature, so it may change). You can also delete line by clicking on gutter to select it and then simply using Del key.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Reuvenm » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:22 am

I ment DUPLICATE a line/block (clone, as copy/paste in one go), nice to have when you lay out variables or repetitive lines with only small differences between them.
Reuvenm

Postby syrupcore » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:04 am

dbl-click in the gutter to select the whole line, ctrl-x to cut it, ctrl-v to paste it, ctrl-v to paste it again, ctrl-v to paste it again...

starting with the gutter plus cut will insert it as a new line each time. it's one extra key stroke.

will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

I agree...

Postby MoeBass » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:42 am

Reuvenm wrote:I ment DUPLICATE a line/block (clone, as copy/paste in one go), nice to have when you lay out variables or repetitive lines with only small differences between them.

I agree: This feature would be "nice" to have. In the mean time, syrupcore's suggestion is a decent work-around.
-Moe
if, no matter where you go, nothing seems to change, maybe it's time to look at what you're bringing with you.
MoeBass

Postby mwb1100 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:43 am

One feature I've gotten used to in other editors that's similar to what's being discussed in this thread is that the Cut and Copy commands (Ctrl-X and Ctrl-C respectively) will act on the current line if nothing is selected.

So to dup a line is simply: Ctrl-C Ctrl-V

To Cut a line: Ctrl-X

I find this very handly, it would be a nice little addition to WeBuilder.
mwb1100

mousing around...

Postby MoeBass » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:48 am

and another idea if you already have one hand on the mouse at the time:
1) highlight the one line to be duplicated (dbl-click inside gutter on that line),
2) hold down ctrl key while clicking inside the highlighted line and
3) drag cursor to the beginning of the next line.
to some, this may be more work. to that i say:
"To each: their own!" :)
-Moe
if, no matter where you go, nothing seems to change, maybe it's time to look at what you're bringing with you.
MoeBass

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests