Mark matching brackets

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Mark matching brackets

Postby Reuvenm » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:16 pm

to help trace a block of if-while-case etc,
When one plcae a cursor on one of the bracket ( eg (, { ) and the 2 closing brackets are color-marked
Reuvenm

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:46 pm

Currently you can use Search -> Match Bracket, but visual matching is also planned.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Georges » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:15 pm

Not in 6.3 ?
Disappointing !

Is this must-have feature so difficult to add ?

Georges
Georges

Postby syrupcore » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:13 pm

all things being equal, that's a pretty obnoxious first post you got there georgie.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Georges » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:36 pm

Hi syrupcore,

Fortunately, I'm absolutely not fluent in english and I don't really understand 'obnoxious'.
In my english-french dictionary, it seems to have several meanings (all negative) and it is difficult for me to choose among them.

This post is 'nearly' between Karlis and me.
During the beta test of Rapid PHP 2005, several months ago, I already asked for this feature.

More recently, before I know this forum, I sent an email to Karlis asking (always gently) again for this feature.
He didn't answer. Surely because he has too much work and there is this forum.

I have very recently discovered this forum and also checked this feature is asked by other people.

I have already told Karlis all what I think about his marvelous piece of software.
That's the reason of my surely disappointed but not thought as 'obnoxious' post.

Georgie
Georges

Postby Karlis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:13 pm

Hey, guys! Stay cool :D Georges will get the bracket matchnig and I am grateful that syrupcore understands my position. I have currently some 100 feature requests hanging and support to do so it is difficult to manage evrything. Yes, some features take months or a year to complete, but finally they get done.

The visual bracket matching in editor will be introduced in version 2006, which I hope to release in November/December (no promises). Yes it was not easy to add and I surely hope to finish until 2006 beta (still working on it).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Georges » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:28 pm

Ok, Karlis, we'll try to remain cool, now and put back guns. :wink:
Thanks for your answer.

So, I'll be patient a few months more and consider the visual bracket matching as my next christmas gift.

Georges
Georges

Postby Karlis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:17 pm

:)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests