Python

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Python

Postby fhemsher » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:46 am

I find myself using Python and its various modules, for high-end computations and plots. Since SVG has finally made it to browsers via HTML5, I'm using Python to generate the data(at the server) for SVG elements.
My current IDE's are WeBuilder and Wing. It would be dandy if Python were built into the next edition of WeBuilder.
fhemsher

Re: Python

Postby Aivars » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Woah, I'm afraid that sounds a bit too bold for the next release... There is too much to do. I think we could add Python syntax highlighting but for more serious IDE one would need debugging, code lookup etc... I can't promise you anything but I'll see if we can add the minimal Python set.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby fhemsher » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Python syntax coloring would be a good first step to including Python. Also, important would be indent guide lines, since Python uses indents to start/end loops.
Thanks,
Francis
fhemsher

Postby Karlis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Syntax coloring is confirmed... will come in 2014. indent guides are not planned for season 2013/2014 since they would require significant changes in our text editor and that is something we can not manage in such short time.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Sarah Silverman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm

If syntax coloring is there, we can use it more convenient. I think the 2014 version of WeBuilder is released now, and we can download it from the site. I hope the syntax coloring is working properly in the new version.
Sarah Silverman

Postby Aivars » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 pm

It is, I'm doing my Python programming in WeBuilder already.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby yjjason » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:00 am

I wish indent guide will be implemented in the next release. :wink:
yjjason

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests