Split mode for Code editor window

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Split mode for Code editor window

Postby webhead » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:22 pm

First of all, thank you, guys, for your perfect products, I like it very much.

Before Webuilder I've used Homesite. It has useful feature Split window for comfort editing of different parts of the same big code file simultaneously.

Are you planing to add something like that in your future releases?
webhead

Re: Split mode for Code editor window

Postby Nikolajs » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Code split view is listed in the feature request list. We will decide whether to implement it in the next major release.
Nikolay Dutchuk
Blumentals Software
Nikolajs
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby rstoekenbroek » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:09 pm

I use and LIKE RapidPHP2011 a lot! For now and the future.
BUT,
for editing (including split windows feature, and much more), I LOVE and use
CRIMSON editor in the background.

If you engineering guys look for inspiration, take a look there!
RobST
rstoekenbroek

Postby cyman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 am

Hi guys-

I'm a daily user of RapidPHP Editor, it's great...
I went thru the registration just to say... I really want to +1 this feature idea... Split view is really critical when you're rapidly coding... Especially in our world of 22"+ screens, it's a great selling point.

... In fact, it would be amazing if you could make that a shortcut, so if I need to "split" to see some code 2 pages down, I could hit a shortcut key...
... Then another shortcut key to navigate between split views...
... And finally a shortcut to close to most recent inactive split. (Hammering the key would let you close all split views except the active one.. No repercussion for hitting it multiple times.)

Just a note: There are "forward" and "back" buttons in PHP 2011. It's not the same, but it might help. This so critical to getting code done fast that it's the only reason I'm upgrading... Tho the CodeIgniter support is good too. :)

IMHO- Anything that maximizes the use of big screens is going to create a buy decision.. Most PHP devs are designers too, and often have large displays.. sometimes 2 of them.
cyman

Postby mithcd » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 pm

+1 on this too. Would be nice to get this going sometime next year.
When in doubt, use Brute Force Image
mithcd

Postby Aivars » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:03 pm

The split edit is very commonly requested feature so it's definitely on our list but because of the technologies we use it's also very, very difficult to implement, which is why we are not going to be able to add it for the next version as we already have a huge list of features and issues that we have fixed and that we still have to fix, although we wish we could. The suggestion is not going anywhere, it's only delayed.
For now you have Forward/Back as you said correctly and also my favorite - ctrl+shift+0..9 to add bookmark and ctrl+0..9 to jump bookmarks.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby chechnyan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 am

+1 for this feature too . hope you guys can implement this ,
still i have the a suggestion that may help and may sees easy to implement but that's for multiple file not the same document ,
there is already the ability to tile opened tab and make it tile vertically .
you may just assign a shortcut for it at least.
chechnyan

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests