css Show/Hide declarations

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

css Show/Hide declarations

Postby syrupcore » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:59 am

Lemme just say that this software has already boosted my productivity. Any requests are just little wishes. It works fantastically, RIGHT NOW so thanks.

I would love to be able show only certain declarations like float or color or width when I'm either debugging or doing a redesign. If I could select more than one ("width & height" or "color & border"), well, that'd would just about rule.

I could then see all floated elements or work only with each selector's color declarations. It would just make debugging/redesigning a lot faster.

a dream, I know. we can dream right?

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:05 pm

Very interesting idea... I would like to learn more. Do you mean the Inspector feature or the actual editor which would hide all non essential properties?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:40 am

In the editor itself. If I have a 500 line css file and want to change the colors site wide, how great would it be if I could ask WeBuilder to only show me color, background and border properties. Plus for debugging, (show me only widths, positioning and/or floats).

Another bonus would be for the separation of style sheets. It's getting popular (for good reason) to have a 'structure' style sheet and and 'color' style sheet. It allows the client to change the colors easily without breaking the site. If one could display only color related lines, it'd be a snap to select all>cut and paste into a new css doc. import one into the other and off you go. of course, then you wouldn't need the cool feature... ;0

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:20 pm

OK, i can see your problem. Will think about this...
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:06 pm

admin wrote:OK, i can see your problem. Will think about this...

It's definately not a 'problem' - just an idea. My laziness is a problem, not the software.

Thanks,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests