Extended Function Insight descriptions

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Extended Function Insight descriptions

Postby dave5050 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:49 pm

I would very much like to see more capability for customizing the function insight, specifically the PHP insight.

I want to add my own user defined functions to the phpfunc.ini and it is easy enough to do after I realized they HAVE to be alphabetized. It would be nice if they didn't have to be in alpabetical order.

More useful would be the ability to write more detailed and customized descriptions for each function. I would absolutely love to see the ability to use CR/LF within the function description to allow for a multi-line description for a particular function. Even better would be the ability to use HTML within the description.

The point is that it is extremely useful to be able to describe a little more than a single description line for functions when using insight. I almost NEVER refer to function documentation and would benefit greatly with having several lines of description for a function in the event I forget one of the many thousands of functions.

Thanks!

-Dave
dave5050

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:28 pm

Thanks, Dave!

The file is alphabetized because it allows to use high performance algorithms and ensure great speed for displaying function hints.

I agree about the possibility of optionally displaying extended descriptions, unfortunately we currently do not have resources to write such descriptions. Maybe in the future.

You can also place caret inside the function name and hit F1 to learn about the function.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests