FTP folders tree

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

FTP folders tree

Postby vaegas » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:13 am

Hi,
My question: is possible to make ftp folder tree like is in file explorer not just browsing folder to folder.

Thanks.
vaegas

Re: FTP folders tree

Postby Nikolajs » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm

No, it is not possible to change FTP folder tree view.
Nikolay Dutchuk
Blumentals Software
Nikolajs
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby ajmaske » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Nikolajs Dutcuks wrote:No, it is not possible to change FTP folder tree view.

Hi Nikolajs ... just curious why this is?

I have a previous recent post asking about this very thing, the problem (actually a very cumbersome problem) is navigating 6, 7, + ... levels in and out of folders ... I particularly work on several copies of the same trunk (multi-tasking several tasks for the same trunk) currently it's not possible to know what folder level your in without backing completely out to a common base folder and then re-entering the folders again ... being able to see what folder I'm in and for which copy of the trunk I'm in would help greatly ... also being able to click once on a root level folder to change to it would be much faster than clicking either the elipse or up folder button 6, 7, + times to go back ...

A split pane like the local File Explorer would be extremely useful for FTP/SFTP for the reasons I state above ...

I'm editing the posting because I want to note that because of this it really makes using WeBuilder a lot more difficult without having to use something like WinSCP ...
Anthony
ajmaske

Postby Tecktron » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:40 am

I have the same request. This is really a deal breaker for me as due to the nature of what I do, I have to use (S)FTP extensively.

This is what I'm looking for:
Break the explorer into 2 panels, one at the top, one at the bottom (resizeable).
Top panel is directory structure, for FTP this works like winscp in that it only gets populated once you're entered that folder and other folders can now bee seen.
Bottom panel, File list with file details (not just a list) with date and time, *permissions*, owner, group, filesize, etc. also similar to winscp.

Please explain why this is
not possible to change
when obviously other programs (winscp, filezilla) and competitors (phpDesigner 8) have figured it out.

Thanks for your time and explanation.
Tecktron

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 pm

I think what Nikolajs meant was that it's currently not possible in WeBuilder, not that it's a technical impossibility. I'll add +1 for this request.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests