Autocomplete on DIV tags

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Autocomplete on DIV tags

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:54 pm

I've been using TopStyle Pro as an HTML editor, and it ties in nicely with CSS. One thing I miss with WeBuilder, is when you type <DIV class=" it doesn't popup with available CSS styles. Its not until you close the tag, and put the cursor in the quotes that the code inspector window opens, where you can select a CSS style.

If it can't autocomplete, (preferably as soon as you type the first double quote) then it would be nice if double clicking the 'class' text in the Inspector window should toggle through the available CSS styles.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Bendis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:59 am

chrisjlocke,

maybe this is a kind of workaround for you problem: I use a code snippet with a replacement token for <div>'s like:
Code: Select all
<div id="%[Class Name]%"></div>
with the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + D.

Using this, a window pops up asking me for the <div>'s class name.
Bendis

Postby chrisjlocke » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:33 pm

Handy, and a feature I've not used before. The trouble is, I've a memory like a sieve, and can't always remember the class I want. I program a lot in VB, and get used to that auto completing every other word! It was nice when TopStyle did the same thing.

Your tip will come in handy though, so thanks!
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:12 pm

This is already in the list and we will try to make it available ASAP. Most likely in the upcomming version 6.3

Currently you can use Inspector for this because it already allows to select Class property from a list.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby chrisjlocke » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:48 pm

admin wrote:Currently you can use Inspector for this because it already allows to select Class property from a list.
Yup, you can, which is handy, but also annoying, as you have to close the tag first, then backtrack to the empty quotes, then go forward to where you were...

...but thats one minor niggle in an otherwise excellent program! :wink:

Proxy support would make it even better... :twisted: (but have already posted about that... although thats been ignored for the time being!)
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:59 pm

About proxy, probably in version 2006.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests