Beautifier, Tree Collapse, and Next/Prev Window

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Beautifier, Tree Collapse, and Next/Prev Window

Postby drisley » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:39 pm

In looking at many PHP editors in the last few days, Rapid PHP has the best balance of features. But, still it is lacking some things that I really liked from other editors. They are:

(1) A code beautifier.
(2) Ability to collapse a logic tree such as a function, if statement, loop, etc. UltraEdit has this feature and I think its great.
(3) Ability to flip back and forth between open files using keystrokes. And I don't mean like CTRL-Tab. I would like to be able to flip back and forth between the active document and the last one I viewed. Its very handy for comparing to another file. CTRL-Tab is nice, but with more than 2 documents open, it has to cycle through all the docs before returning.
(4) Ability to make the word wrap feature not wrap all the way to column 1. If a line is indented and word wrapped, it would be nice if the wrapped text stays indented.

That's about it. Hopefully these are in the works. I am still evaluating this program, but at this point, I expect to buy it.
-------------------------------
David Risley
PC Media, Inc.
www.pcmedianet.com
drisley

Postby drisley » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:42 pm

Whoops, I just read your guidelines after posting this. Sorry about the multiple requests in one. I'll see about splitting them out a little later, but I gotta run.

Thanks.
David Risley
PC Media, Inc.
www.pcmedianet.com
drisley

Postby syrupcore » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:56 am

One and two have been discussed already.

3. would be nice but not essential for me. I asked at some point about re-ordering the documents by dragging and dropping the tabs. If we could drag and drop, alt+tab and alt+shft+tab would make that workable.

4. I've found myself longing for that word wrap feature as well.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby drisley » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:32 pm

I got used to #3 when using EditPlus to do my development (fantastic text editor, BTW), and when I started using Rapid PHP, I found I missed it.
David Risley
PC Media, Inc.
www.pcmedianet.com
drisley

Postby Karlis » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:24 pm

Thank you about your suggestions.

About the #3:
You can use Shift+Ctrl+Tab to move backwards. It is a standard keystroke for this operation.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests