[Shift]+[Insert] in Search dialog box doesn't work

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

[Shift]+[Insert] in Search dialog box doesn't work

Postby Masino Sinaga » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 am

It seems that the Search/Find dialog box does not support for receiving keyword by using [Shift]+[Insert] key in order to paste the content into the search textbox. It works only if I paste the keyword by using right-click-mouse. As I often working by using keyboard instead of mouse, then it should support by using [Shift]+[Insert] key, too.

Please follow these steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Try to copy the certain keyword from any resource (this will save it in your clipboard),
2. Run WeBuilder application,
3. Open one of your favorite files from WeBuilder (note that the cursor will be at the first row and first column in the code editor by default),
4. Press [Ctrl]+[F] from your keyboard to display the Search or Find dialog box; and now the cursor will be located at the search textbox,
5. Press [Shift]+[Insert] from your keyboard to paste the content from the clipboard, then you will see that the content will be placed at the editor code instead of on the textbox of the Search dialog box.

Could you please fix this in the next minor release as I often working by using [Shift]+[Insert] to paste the content? Thank you.

Sincerely,
Masino Sinaga
Masino Sinaga

Re: [Shift]+[Insert] in Search dialog box doesn't work

Postby MikeyB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Masino,

I've not used Shift+Insert for paste in any program for a very long time, completely forgot about it to be honest!
The more common keyboard shortcut for paste is Ctrl+V, and I this works for the search dialog in version 2011.

Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby Aivars » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:53 pm

I can't reproduce this, Shift+Insert works just like Ctrl+V for me and pastes in the search dialog instead of editor. There must be something else causing this but I can't imagine what.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Masino Sinaga » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:28 am

Hi MikeyB,
Thanks for the hints. Yes, [Ctrl]+[V] is working fine for paste the content to the textbox in Search dialog. Unfortunately, [Shift]+[Insert] does not work.

Aivars,
Yeah, I don't know either what's causing [Shift]+[Insert] does not work for Search dialog, even I have make sure the cursor is started from the textbox in Search dialog, the pasted content will always go to the code editor.

Sincerely,
Masino Sinaga
Masino Sinaga

Postby MikeyB » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Have to say in WeBuilder 2011 (I haven't upgraded to 2014 :( ) that Shift+Insert does the same as for Masino, the text is pasted into the document rather then the search box.

Here is a video showing it, I select & copy some text, open Find, then I press Shift+Insert 3 times and the text is pasted into the document. I then press Ctrl+V and it is pasted into the find dialog. All the time you can see the cursor is in the find dialog.
http://www.screenr.com/RSL7
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby Masino Sinaga » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 am

Thanks, MikeyB for taking your time creating the video. The video said the same thing that I experienced.

Yes, I had been using WeBuilder since version 2011 and I upgraded to version 2014 about one week ago, and this problem still be happened, too.

Sincerely,
Masino Sinaga
Masino Sinaga

Postby Aivars » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 am

Are you by chance using some nonstandard keyboard layouts or keyboard drivers?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby MikeyB » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am

Aivars wrote:Are you by chance using some nonstandard keyboard layouts or keyboard drivers?

Not that I'm aware of, it's a standard Dell USB UK keyboard with no "special" keys, looks exactly like this http://images.esellerpro.com/2131/I/977 ... RD%201.jpg
Looking at the properties in Windows 7 the drive details look like a standard Windows driver:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 21/06/2006
Driver Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby boenskov » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:56 pm

This problem also occurs in other dialogues program:
Search & Replace (Ctrl-R, Shift-Ins)
File-Browser (dirs and files) (F2, Shift-Ins)

Please make a normal behavior of keyboard shortcuts Shift-Insert. Should be Ctrl-V = Shift-Ins
boenskov

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests