Copy file name or full path of file to clipboard

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Copy file name or full path of file to clipboard

Postby t8xt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:12 am

Hi, I see that there is a tool tip popup when you hover over the tab of the open file but can there be a context menu item to copy the file name or full path of the file to the clipboard? This feature really helps with workflow IMO unless there is another way in Webuilder.

Thanks
t8xt

Re: Copy file name or full path of file to clipboard

Postby Aivars » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am

Currently there is no way to enable such feature. I could try to write a plugin for you that does this but the plugin would not add a new context menu item, it could however be called from toolbar, from menu or keyboard shortcut. If that suits you, let me know.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby t8xt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:12 am

Hi Aivars,

Sorry for getting back so late, just bought the 2014 upgrade a few days ago and really like what you and the team have done. I've been finding some work around to the features I've become reliant on in my previous program experiences.

The option to copy file name to or full path clipboard would be very helpful, thank you.

Some extremely valuable features I found in Webuilder

Being able to right click a file in the Project pane and reload from server, would it be possible to have this feature for an open file? I found it difficult to hunt though the project directory and then reload the file from the website, doing it this way takes a long time. What I've been doing is saving a list of open files while working on the desktop and then transferring that list file to my laptop since I have the same project directory on both machines, I open the list on the laptop so I can remember what I was working on, it would be cool to be able to right click on the open file and reload from FTP. Also being able reload all open files from FTP would be very helpful too.

Please let me know what you think
Thanks
Warren
t8xt

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:24 am

Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6133
The plugin will add 2 commands to menu that you can customize and put in another menu or toolbar or assign keyboard shortcuts.

I'll add to suggestions list about reloading the current file(s).
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby t8xt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:55 am

Thanks very much for the plugin I hope others find it useful too, also uploaded a version to copy just the file name, by seeing your version. Thanks again.
t8xt

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests