Auto CSS file or style block creation

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Auto CSS file or style block creation

Postby t8xt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:32 am

This function will search for all div id's and class's in a webpage and extract their names into and new CSS document. Another option would be to select your div structure and either make a new CSS document or put the selectors into a style block in the same webpage.

1. Make your div structure
Code: Select all
<div id="headermast"></div> <!-- and so on. -->

2. When ready either select the section of the webpage with the div structure or not Webuilder will search for div's in the webpage and get there names.

3. Go to CSS > Actions > Create CSS File from Selection or Create Stye Block from Selection. Webuilder will then add all the selector names into a new CSS document or style block.

#headermast {

}

4. Webuilder can also compare your webpage file and the CSS document or style block and find any new or deleted divs and update either the style block or the CSS document with the changes, Webuilder looks and the rel link
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/document.css" />
to know which style sheet you have linked to the webpage, Webuilder only updates the CSS document if it is open and may open the CSS document if it is not open to make the changes.

Thanks
t8xt

Re: Auto CSS file or style block creation

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:50 am

The idea is interesting, however I'm worried about cases when ID and classes are not enough. For an example, when you look at any CSS file you'll see things like:

tag.classname, not just .classname

tag tag tag.classname

.classname tag

etc.

I guess I need more input on this, maybe some other sample project that does something like this.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests