Webuilder: display boundaries, margin and padding visually

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Webuilder: display boundaries, margin and padding visually

Postby viking » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi

I would like to suggest a feature which makes it possible to display the boundaries of elements on along with magin(s) and padding on a page visually.

Dreamveawer has this feature and I find it to be really cool as it helps when one want to get a quick overview of what is on a page and if there are any gaps between the various elements which would make them behave in an unforeseen manner.

I'll admit that it is not the most important feature, but it would sure be nice to have.
Running version: WeBuilder2014 - 12.1.0.149
viking

Re: Webuilder: display boundaries, margin and padding visual

Postby Aivars » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:20 pm

There is something like that - select Preview tab, use IE for previewing and select "Execute XRay" from dropdown next to IE icon. Then you can click on elements and see their information.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Webuilder: display boundaries, margin and padding visual

Postby viking » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 am

Hi

First of all I'm glad to read that you understand what it is I'm after.

In regards to x-ray - I know and I also use it, how I find x-ray a bit cumbersome to use as it on display information about a selected element and hence it does not provide an instant overview of all element on a page.

Also, as I understand then x-ray is only working for Internet Explorer users, so what about the rest of your customers who are not using Internet Explorer ?

So, I think I can justify asking for this feature.

ps. I hope we'll soon see a major release :P
Running version: WeBuilder2014 - 12.1.0.149
viking

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests