Auto upload on save

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Auto upload on save

Postby zarek » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Is there a function like this available ?
zarek

Re: Auto upload on save

Postby doncht » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 pm

I don't think so. I still haven't seen any software at all that has this functionality by default. Would be a nice feature request though. I just don't know how much work this will take to make it possible.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. Image
doncht

Postby zarek » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:47 pm

doncht wrote:I don't think so. I still haven't seen any software at all that has this functionality by default. Would be a nice feature request though. I just don't know how much work this will take to make it possible.

This means that you didnt saw too much.

I'm using aptana studio and it has this functionality.
zarek

Postby Aivars » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:12 pm

There are 2 options:

1) Open directly from FTP server, edit and save.

2) Use Projects, then you have a choice of Publish Project to FTP, Publish All Open Files to FTP or Save and Upload File to FTP.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby jadenblack » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:45 am

There are many IDE's that directly support this including Aptana and Dreamweaver. I noticed WB missing this the minute I fired it up, but I also found a good work around. No I only with WB had a function similar to 'Select on Remote' and vice-versa. Very handy.

Assuming your using projects, just define a keyboard shortcut (I used the unassigned F9) to "Save and Upload File to FTP" menu command. It's actually faster than Ctl-S once you are used to it.

Jaden
jadenblack

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests