HTML Autocomplete Questions

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

HTML Autocomplete Questions

Postby Cavar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:57 pm

1. For the INPUT tag then I type "<input " the tag auto-completes as "<input type="" />" and it puts the cursor focus at the end of the tag. Can the cursor focus be put inside the double quotes of the TYPE attribute?

2. When I create a SELECT tag it auto-completes and adds the NAME and ID attributes, then puts the cursor in between the double quotes of the NAME attribute. This is nice, but why don't other tags like INPUT and FORM automatically add the NAME and ID attributes? NOTE: In relation to # 1, I think it would still be best to put the cursor between the double quotes of the TYPE attribute, even if the NAME and ID attributes are automatically added to SELECT tags.

Great software btw. I think I'm gonna have my boss buy it today.
Cavar

Re: HTML Autocomplete Questions

Postby Aivars » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:45 pm

You can change these autocomplete settings as you see fit for yourself. Open Options -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> Auto Replace, find "<input" in the list and change the outcome to <input type="|" />. Same with other tags that you would like to adjust.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Cavar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Aivars wrote:You can change these autocomplete settings as you see fit for yourself. Open Options -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> Auto Replace, find "<input" in the list and change the outcome to <input type="|" />. Same with other tags that you would like to adjust.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!
Cavar

Postby Cavar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Oh, and as I look at all the options listed under that Auto Replace section and I'm loving what I see. Like typing <input:text to get the following HTML: <input type="text" name="" id="" />

Not only will I have my boss buy HTMLPad for work, I will definitely be buying it for personal use as well.
Cavar

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests