Search and Replace with Wildcard

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Search and Replace with Wildcard

Postby trishahdee » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm

I would like a way to add a wildcard to the search and replace function. Today's example: I have a list of text that looks like this:

Tutorial-1 HTML code: <a href="yada yada">words</a>
Tutorial-2 HTML code: <a href="yada yada">words</a>
Tutorial-3 HTML code: <a href="yada yada">words</a>
Tutorial-4 HTML code: <a href="yada yada">words</a>...

I want to only remove the "Tutorial-1 ", "Tutorial-2 ", "Tutorial-3 ", "Tutorial-4 " from the lines. I have tried using "Tutorial-* " but that doesn't work.

I realize for some users a wildcard could get them into trouble, however, I'd still like to have the option :D
"It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be." ~ Angel, Season 4, Episode 67, "Deep Down"
trishahdee

Re: Search and Replace with Wildcard

Postby Aivars » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:30 am

You can use regular expressions for this. Check "Regular expressions" and look for Tutorial-[0-9]* or similar regular expression.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Search and Replace with Wildcard

Postby trishahdee » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:58 am

I forgot how to do this and just came looking and realized I never thanked you for your reply. So... thanks :oops:
"It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world was what it should be, to show it what it can be." ~ Angel, Season 4, Episode 67, "Deep Down"
trishahdee

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests