I own WeBuilder & Dreamweaver CS6.. but I can't DW just yet

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

I own WeBuilder & Dreamweaver CS6.. but I can't DW just yet

Postby user753 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 pm

I bought & love WeBuilder. I've been using it daily for the past 6-8 months... BUT I constantly find myself going back to, opening, and using Dreamweaver more because some of the most important functions/features for developers using a HTML/PHP IDe are lacking in WeBuilder and DW just makes my work easier.

General
-Automatic update of the relative links and files as Dreamweaver does in the Site Manger.(This feature has been requested since 2006 - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1333&p=4703 and here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2442&p=7914)
--IMHO this site caching (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dreamweaver ... 8d65-7c29a) is the best feature of DW and this is the biggest feature that WeBuilder lacks.

-Be able to move Preview, Code Explorer, & File Explorer etc. tabs to the top
-Be able to move/align & add toolbars next to the Taskbar so that it doesn't take up a wohle line by itself
-Put a "Close" button (X) on the tabs on the Taskbar
-Be able to make a custom button with custom on any toolbar. IE: I visit this forum often... I would like to make a 1-click button on my toolbar that takes me here. Right now I made a custom "Favorite Online Resources" button that I need to click to get a dropdown then I need to click the forum link. My time is key and custom command buttons would save developers # of clicks & more importantly time.

File Explorer/Projects/FTP

-Be able to view detials & sort on "Tree View" mode on File Explorer
-Uploading features
-Upload folder
-Right click upload folder
-Select multiple files & folders for upload
-Side by side FTP/Project files
-Make the File Explorer/Project toolbar more FTP friendly like Dw does having easy buttons to U/L D/L views and expand to side by side view -http://i.imgur.com/0s77rVQ.png

I truly feel WeBuilder will be my IDE of choice in the near future... but I can't trash my old faithful for it yet... and not sure if would be able to if the project managment features above don't get implemented.

Anywyas, great software and thanks for having this open forum for your customers to post their thoughts!!!

Vlad
user753

Re: I own WeBuilder & Dreamweaver CS6.. but I can't DW just

Postby Aivars » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Most of these have been suggested before, so I'll try to filter and separate the new suggestions, but you must understand that we are not trying to copy another product so there will always be differences because of differences in philosophy.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: I own WeBuilder & Dreamweaver CS6.. but I can't DW just

Postby chechnyan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:06 pm

i cant see its fare to compare webuilder 49$ to a over bloated + 514$ software .yes that one has its pluses and yes there minuses too
. in the point of view if different working behaviors .
this peace of software is simply amazing .
chechnyan

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests