Project switching changes tabs also

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Project switching changes tabs also

Postby Tecktron » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Basically, each project gets it's own set of open files (tabs). Maybe in option to allow this behavior.

So if I go from project 1, which has 4 files open to project 2 which has 6 files open I can switch between the two and see only that project's files. This way I don't have to have 10 files from 2 different projects (sometimes of the same name) open all at once.

Very helpful when working on multiple projects.

Thanks!
Tecktron

Re: Project switching changes tabs also

Postby Aivars » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:38 am

We have received similar suggestions before and we'll definitely give this problem a thought for the next big version.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby dave » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 am

This would be a very welcome addition, and I know that I have mentioned it before. It can't be too difficult to record a set of files (internally) against each project, and then open those files upon selecting the project after closing the existing files.

The only caveat that I would put on this is that sometimes I do wish to open a file from a different project in order to copy code, so I would like the ability to open a file in a 'foreign' project still (without deselecting the option).
dave

Postby Tecktron » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:27 pm

My ideal case would be that I can still open files in the file explorer for files that are not part of the project.
This would be how you would open foreign files into the current project's view.

It would be nice if there was an option to save a project's current view on exit/project close.
Kind of how browsers do it when you have the reopen with previous tabs selected.
If I need to stop working on a project, but want to save my place, I can just close the project and the next time I open it, it brings everything back up just how I had it.
Tecktron

Postby dave » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi Tecktron

There is currently a thread in the Plugin section, where I have made a request to be able to read certain system variables. This I believe would allow a plugin to be written producing the functionality that we are after. Please have a look [url]http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5969&start=15#p22719[/url] and let me know if this would also work for you?

I am waiting to hear back from Aivars, so lets hope that he can provide whats needed. Alternatively the concept is simple enough that it could even be added to the core.

Dave
dave

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:58 am

I am planning to add these functions for plugins after the holidays.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby dave » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:34 pm

For those that been following this thread. I have released a plugin which may provide a solution to this problem.

[url]http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6557[/url]

Dave
dave

Postby Tecktron » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:25 am

Thanks for this Dave!

This is a good start to project management.
Tecktron

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests