ansi C support

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

ansi C support

Postby poby » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Ive never found a C editor I liked but I love webuilder code editor. It would be awesome if it included support for ansi C (as opposed to C#) I'm talking about syntax highlighting, auto completion etc. Given theres only a few dozen commands in ansi C, I don't imagine it would be difficult to include this.
poby

Re: ansi C support

Postby Aivars » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:28 am

I'll add your suggestion for consideration, but frankly I don't see this happening. It is a web editor after all and we want to keep that focus.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby poby » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Even as is, I use it for ansi C code development. It's convenient having one program for all languages. If it's too much to hope that ansi C could be included, is there a documented way of adding a language for highlighting/code completion by editing/creating config files? I haven't found it in the docs.
poby

Postby Aivars » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:48 am

You can check out <webuilder folder>\data\parsers - that's how the parsers look. If you're brave enough to attempt writing one for .c, then I'll find a way to make some kind of tool for you to use for testing the parser. If you get it ready then we can include it with the editor, but I'm afraid you can't add it without recompiling currently.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests