Ctrl+Tab / Current Working Directory / Open File List

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Ctrl+Tab / Current Working Directory / Open File List

Postby cosmoba » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased Rapid PHP 2014, version 12.2 (12.2.0.150), before this I have been using TextPad for 15+ years. I have yet to utilize all of the features your product offers. But there are a few simple items which I have found in other topics on your forum.

Ctrl+Tab - This shortcut should return to the previous file. At times I have so many files open I do not want to tab through all of them or have to touch my mouse to click on a tab.
    Open - Current Directory - Open button should open the current working directory.
    File Explorer - Should automatically change to current working directory. Should not have to click a button to get to the folder.
    List of open files - At times I could have 40+ files open, scrolling through all those tabs is painful. Perhaps there is an option to change this but I have yet to find it.

I really don't like using my mouse, hands on the keyboard is much better.

I am sure there are many features of your product that will help in my development. But for now I am going to use TextPad.

Thanks.
cosmoba

Re: Ctrl+Tab / Current Working Directory / Open File List

Postby Tecktron » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:20 pm

+1 for this, especially the ctrl-tab in last used file order.
Tecktron

Re: Ctrl+Tab / Current Working Directory / Open File List

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:57 am

You can change tabs forward with Ctrl + Tab and back with Ctrl + Shift + Tab
The list of open files can be accessed via dropdown on the left side of tabs or menu Windows (keyboard Alt + W -> number)

Regarding the directories - I personally would prefer your suggested way better but as it is we have customers who are used to the current behavior so we will change it only if we get a lot of requests.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests