Menu option to display whitespace characters

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Menu option to display whitespace characters

Postby Tecktron » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Basic text stuff. I would find this REALLY useful especially when you have to be very stringent about code formatting and having to search for multiple spaces vs tabs in a 6000+ line document can be come quite tedious. In fact, I have to use separate app.
Having a menu option to see white space characters would make this much simpler and I wouldn't have to switch apps.
Show paragraph characters (that funky looking P) and use something like >> (raquo) for a tab character and middots for spaces, would be my suggestion.

Thanks!
Tecktron

Re: Menu option to display whitespace characters

Postby MikeyB » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 am

Hi,

I think you may be looking for Options -> Show Hidden Characters in the menu.

Cheers,
Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Re: Menu option to display whitespace characters

Postby Tecktron » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:59 pm

Cheers!
That was it!
I don't know how I missed that. (Face palm)

Many Thanks!

To any Mod, you can probably remove this thread.
Tecktron

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests