Add Support for SQL Browser over SSH

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Add Support for SQL Browser over SSH

Postby taraye308 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:48 pm

I always connect to a MySQL database over SSH and am unable to use the SQL Browser in Rapid PHP because it does not offer support for this. I tried to create a tunnel using Putty but had no luck and had to switch back to MySQL Workbench.
taraye308

Re: Add Support for SQL Browser over SSH

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:45 pm

I'll add it to suggestions, although I'm not sure whether it's technologically feasible for us.

Btw I just tried setting up tunnel with Putty (using this tutorial http://www.howtoforge.com/secure_mysql_ ... ssh_tunnel) and it works like magic. I'm connecting to localhost:8600 in Rapid PHP and I'm able to access everything. Are you sure you're not being blocked by some firewall software?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests