Default Shortcut-Keys for Toggling Comments

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Default Shortcut-Keys for Toggling Comments

Postby taraye308 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:55 pm

I found it very odd when I first tired Rapid PHP that there were not default shortcuts set by the program for line and block comments. This is one of the downfalls I have with the application. I created my own shortcut-keys for the line and block comments but, they do not work as a toggle. If there is a segment of code that I already have commented out and wanted to uncomment it using my shortcut-keys, it just comments over that instead of uncommenting the code. VERY ANNOYING!
taraye308

Re: Default Shortcut-Keys for Toggling Comments

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:36 pm

That's strange, I just tried it and both Block Comments and Line Comments toggle the comments for me. Can you please make a video or some screenshots to demonstrate the problem? Maybe it only fails in some specific conditions, in that case if you can help me figure out what is it, I can fix it.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby taraye308 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Here is a screenshot of the problem I have trying to uncomment a segment of code. I haven't been able to pinpoint a specific condition under which it fails, but will monitor it more. Image
taraye308

Postby Aivars » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Ok, I think I get it. If you don't select just the commented block but more then it will double-comment instead of uncommenting. I guess this should be nice to have fixed, so I'll write it down.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby taraye308 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:19 pm

I just checked. when you select a section of code that is commented and use the shortcut key it will double comment but, if you actually choose Insert> Block Comment from the toolbar, it will uncomment and not double comment. So it seems to only do it with the shortcut. However, if I don't select the whole blocked comment, then it will work with the shortcut.
taraye308

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests