Enhanced XML support

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Enhanced XML support

Postby KiwiMedia » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:49 am

It would be awesome if we could have auto complete/close on created xml tags as well as CDATA tags, I work with xml files on weekly basis as flat data files both for javascript/jQuery and php. Currently I move to FlashDevelop to do these things on more advanced xml files (which means downloading/exporting the file, edit and then upload/importing after editing).
If you don't want to install flashdevelop this is an example of what I want.

Tag auto complete
After adding the closing bracket (>) <exampletag> becomes <exampletag>|</exampletag> with the caret ready to enter data
Closing the tag with /> (<exampletag/>) would not trigger the auto complete function

CDATA
<![C would bring up auto suggest <![CDATA[]]> and <![CDATA[|]]> with caret in edit position

Code collapse would also be fabulous

These features would be a huge time saver for me and I hope others
KiwiMedia

Re: Enhanced XML support

Postby Aivars » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 am

You could use code templates for CDATA (e.g. using <!C as callword): http://help.blumentals.net/webuilder/re ... plates.htm

I'll add the suggestion about auto-completing all tags (in XML files or in all files?) to the list. Fow now the only way to do it would be using a plugin.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Enhanced XML support

Postby KiwiMedia » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Thanks for the reply Aivars, yes code templates is how I've solved <![CDATA[]> today as well as comment and few others.
I wasn't aware that there were a plugin for this but I'll check the plugin directory for it.
Thanks anyhow for considering my suggestion (and yes all files would probably be even more useful).
KiwiMedia

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests