Button/keybinding to clear search textbox in Code Explorer

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Button/keybinding to clear search textbox in Code Explorer

Postby Merlyn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:25 pm

When I am searching for functions in a PHP file and then swap to a different tab, presently what happens is that RapidPHP preserves the text I typed into the search filter text box at the top of the Code Explorer pane.

I suppose it is useful for the text to stay there, in case the user's intention was to continue to filter functions/variables by that criteria in subsequent selected PHP files.

If that behaviour is desirable and is left intact (rather than being replaced, say, with either blanking the search text out every time a different file tab is selected, or, say, remembering a different typed filter value per open file tab), here is something that would help me greatly:

(1) a clickable button and/or (preferably AND) keybinding to allow immediate clearing of the search filter text box in the Code Explorer pane
(2) a keybinding to allow placing the keyboard focus into the search filter text box in the Code Explorer pane.

This feature request would increase the __rapidity__ with which I navigate my source in __Rapid__PHP.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for listening.
Merlyn

Re: Button/keybinding to clear search textbox in Code Explor

Postby Aivars » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:56 pm

We think that the feature of remembering the filter when switching tabs is beneficial (e.g. you're looking for a particular class in multiple css files). We will consider the other suggestions, although the added benefit might be too small - one clickable button vs Right Click -> Delete.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests