Export FTP-List

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Export FTP-List

Postby strichpunkt » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:02 am

Hi there

We are proud of using WeBuilder 2015 in our company, our congratulations to you guys! That is one nice piece of code you've written there :D
So what happened to us: our computers got too old and we had to buy new, quicker ones. Thanks to the export/import function the settings could be copied very easy.
BUT: Since we've got a huge list of FTP-Connections of our Client's webservers, we need them to be copied to the new versions as well.
We'd be very happy, if these FTP-connections could also be exported with the main-settings.
Thanks alot!
strichpunkt

Re: Export FTP-List

Postby Aivars » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:43 pm

The standard Export Settings functionality will export your FTP Connections list as well. BUT: We recently discovered some problems with Export Settings functionality in version 2015 so it might be better to wait until the next bugfix update if possible.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby FrankC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:13 am

I'm in the process of transferring matters to a new machine as well. Is there an alternative way without having to enter everything manually? Does this method do work properly?

Also, I would like to know how if this is possible:
* On my old machine, I have WB 2014 (v. 12) and 2015 (v. 13) installed.
* Install v. 12 on my new machine and export/import its data to/on the new machine.

If so, how? Which WB app folders do I transfer for that, or can I use the export/import function of v. 12 for that?

(By the way: why didn't you just call the versions v. 2014 and v. 2015? This is confusing, v. 12 being the 2014 version and v. 13 the 2015 ~).
FrankC

Postby Aivars » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:56 pm

You can use import/export of 2014, then install 2015 on the new machine. For me personally import/export has always worked fine.

You can also use the method suggested by copying the files manually, but then you need to copy the registry keys as well (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Karlis Blumentals\WeBuilder).

Regarding the naming - ask the marketing :D I was fine with the old numbering, but the year-based numbering has grown on me.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests