FTP hotkeys and file info columns

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

FTP hotkeys and file info columns

Postby gLes » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:31 am

I've already posted this in the support section but there I got no reaction, so sorry, but...

I really like the built-in FTP feature, but still I'm lacking a few things that ought to be considered implementing:
- Detailed view to have at least the file size and date (sometimes I need to see when a file was last edited) columns
- the F2 function key isn't acting as expected in the FTP window (it should fire renaming the selected file)
- when renaming a file the Backspace and Delete buttons aren't working as expected (fireing the up one dir level and delete file events rather than deleting a character in the filename, very disturbing sometimes :roll:, a simple if not FTPListView.IsEditing then ... should do the trick :wink:)
gLes

Postby syrupcore » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:42 am

yeah, the backspace and delete keys when renaming a file in the ftp window are freaky.

I'd love to be able to open the project/folders windows and the FTP window at once for good ol drag and drop. the save project to FTP window is a bit cumbersome for me.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:37 pm

Detail view is available for Save to FTP and Open from FTP dialog windows. You must change the view.

FTP sidebar, however, is intended for quick operations, thus it does not provide details.

You are right about Del and Backspace, this will be fixed.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests