.editorconfig Support

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

.editorconfig Support

Postby kfury77 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:51 pm

All the main code editors have plugins for .editorconfig files. http://editorconfig.org/ - I'd like to see a Blumentals Plugin for the format.

What is EditorConfig?
EditorConfig helps developers define and maintain consistent coding styles between different editors and IDEs. The EditorConfig project consists of a file format for defining coding styles and a collection of text editor plugins that enable editors to read the file format and adhere to defined styles. EditorConfig files are easily readable and they work nicely with version control systems.

If a plugin is created we can get the WeBuilder icon added to their plugin directory and gain more exposure:
http://editorconfig.org/#download
kfury77

Re: .editorconfig Support

Postby Aivars » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:08 pm

This is not a bad idea. I'll add it to list and try to familiarize myself with the concept before deciding whether to suggest this idea to team. I'll admit that I never stopped to consider what .editorconfig files contained :)
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: .editorconfig Support

Postby pmk65 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 am

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests