JavaScript Autocompletion

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

JavaScript Autocompletion

Postby thomger » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Hello,
currently I am testing Webuilder 2015. I really like the Editor. But when it comes to JavaScript I was a bit disappointed about autocompletion.
I want to create a global variable: nTop = Math.round(objNewEvent.offsetTop / nZeilenHoehe);
So I type in nTop = m but no useful autocompletion list appears (also using ctrl+space).
But starting the line with ma the list appears!
What´s the problem here?

Regards, Thomas
thomger

Re: JavaScript Autocompletion

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:09 pm

I think JS autocomplete is made to do that on purpose (that classes aren't displayed on assignment) but it's wrong and should be changed. Thanks for reminding me, I'll add this to issues.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby thomger » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Okay, thanks.
I tried VS Express and sublime text on that example. Both do show up classes on assignment. That is what I expect autocompletion to do.
Regards Thomas
thomger

Postby thomger » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Just a short question (I am new to this forum):
How are issues tracked for webuilder? Is there a possibility to see, when an issue is expected to be solved?

Thanks

Thomas
thomger

Postby Aivars » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Unfortunately our issue tracker is an internal system that can't be accessed publicly. Sorry about that. We had thought about making a public tracker but there's always work to do on our products so we never have resources for this.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests