Make WordWrap & Block Select Mode a toggle

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Make WordWrap & Block Select Mode a toggle

Postby pmk65 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:51 pm

Currently if you select "Block Select Mode" from the "Options" menu, you get a warning popup telling you that you can't use "Block Select Mode" and "WordWrap" at the same time.

So you FIRST have to turn of "WordWrap" manually and THEN turn on "Block Select Mode".

It would be better if turning on "Block Select Mode" would AUTOMATICALLY turn off "WordWrap". (And the same the other way around.)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Make WordWrap & Block Select Mode a toggle

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:02 am

A little hint: you can block select without explicitly checking that checkbox by holding down left alt key while selecting.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Aivars wrote:A little hint: you can block select without explicitly checking that checkbox by holding down left alt key while selecting.

Doesn't work for me. (I Tried all combinations Left/Right Alt, Shift & CTRL)
Do I have to enable some settings for that to work?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby MikeyB » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:59 am

pmk65 wrote:Doesn't work for me. (I Tried all combinations Left/Right Alt, Shift & CTRL)
Do I have to enable some settings for that to work?

Looks like you still have to turn Word Wrap off before holding Alt will work!
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby pmk65 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:08 pm

MikeyB wrote:Looks like you still have to turn Word Wrap off before holding Alt will work!

If it toggled Word Wrap off while holding down the key, then it would be usable.
As it is now it's a pretty useless feature, since most users have Word Wrap enabled.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests