What setting causes format php to put space after empty?

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

What setting causes format php to put space after empty?

Postby sootsnoot » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:32 pm

Using Rapid PHP 2015, 13.2.0.164

I don't know if this is a behavior change from any previous version, but I don't remember seeing this before (OTOH, I don't use the Format PHP code option very often). At any rate, I find it pretty annoying and would like to be able to turn it off if possible.

If I have this code:
Code: Select all
  if (!empty($var) || !foo($var))

Formatting turns it into:
Code: Select all
  if (!empty ($var) || !foo($var))

I don't see a way to post a screenshot here, but the "Add Space" tab on the "PHP Formatter Settings" dialog that pops up when you run the formatter has all boxes checked except for:
  • Before cemicolon (sic)
  • Inside expresison (sic) parenthesis
  • Inside method call parenthesis

I don't see any option that seems likely to be responsible for the reformatting done to insert a space between empty and left-parenthesis. It doesn't happen for function names.

I'm not actually familiar with the editorconfig tool mentioned in this topic, but if it handles that level of detailed options, maybe this is a vote for that topic. The current PHP code formatter with all its options is really very nice, don't get me wrong. It's just this one little thing that has suddenly caught my eye and become annoying :mrgreen:
sootsnoot

Re: What setting causes format php to put space after empty?

Postby pmk65 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:38 pm

I can confirm it. And there doesn't seem to be any way to change it from the GUI.
So maybe you should post it in the the "HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support" forum, since it's not a feature request but a bug. ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby sootsnoot » Fri May 08, 2015 12:37 am

Thanks! Here it is :-)
sootsnoot

Postby Grzyby15 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:40 am

Have no idea how to solve this issue:(
Grzyby15

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests