Support for Ultra HD Devices

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Support for Ultra HD Devices

Postby Alextocode » Thu May 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi there,

actually I bought myself a new notebook for using it outside on my terrace. On that day the UltraHD display was for free so I took the model having this included.
Now I have realized that many applications don't support the use on 4K HD displays.
I can resize the font in the code editor of course, but sidebars, forms and windows are much too small to work with.

I just would like to appreciate that Blumentals software producta would support working on Ultra HD devices. Hope it is possible with not too much work, as more and more devices with 4 or even 8k HD features appear on the market.

Maybe you can do sth. about that....I have still WeBuilder 2014 and decided against buying 2015, but I could need some motivation to buy 2016 ;)
Alextocode

Re: Support for Ultra HD Devices

Postby pmk65 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Have you tried some of the 'fixes' described here?
http://www.howtogeek.com/175664/how-to- ... rry-fonts/
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Support for Ultra HD Devices

Postby Alextocode » Fri May 15, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi pmk,

sure I know about the options with scaling and compatbility mode, but they only help a little. at the latest when there is overlapping of buttons or labels this won't help.
In fact the only real alternative is that software is being modified. It's the same issue as buying a new generation CPU. Most software doesn't even support the powerful FMA operations this processors are designed for, so there is no need to buy them at the moment :)
Alextocode

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests