CSS extract feature and something

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

CSS extract feature and something

Postby limonabc » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:03 pm

hi, is it possible to build in such type of feature where i will paste all of my html code and only id and class selector will be extract within in a second ? in before i use extractcss.com to extract id, n class selector, but it is not avilable now, if possible it would help us a lot to save time and it would be unique feature for rapid programs, and one more thing i would say every time when we open new css file we have to write
* { margin: 0 and padding: 0 } for avoid unexpected default css, so it can be default setting, what do you think? besides in rapid php editor 2015 everytime i have to select " word warp " , its boring, i think default setting should be selected > word wrap < as every time needs word wrap, isnt it?

in html file inside table tag width and height attribute code hints is missing, example <td width="" height=""> </td> and finally
align attribute code hints is missing, <p align=""> text </p> << here no code hints for "ALIGN" :?:
limonabc

Re: css extract feature and something

Postby Aivars » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:44 pm

We'll think about such feature for class/id extraction.

I don't think having * { margin: 0 and padding: 0 } for defaults would be a good idea for everyone because many are using variants of reset.css which makes this unnecessary. You can however make your base template, use File -> Save as Template, and then whenever you need it, use File -> New from Template.

If you set Word Wrap and then restart Rapid PHP, it will remember this setting, so you don't have to turn it on every time.

These attributes (width, height and align) are deprecated in HTML 5 and you should use CSS instead. If your HTML document has a doctype that specifies HTML 4, then there will be width, height and align in the auto-complete, if you must go old-school for some reason.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:40 pm

There's a "extract-css" Node.js module: https://github.com/jonkemp/extract-css
Using that it should be fairly simple to create a plugin using my CSSCombWB plugin as codebase. (CSSCombWB use a Node.js module too.)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby limonabc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:56 pm

thnx you so much, i always get helpful reply to you, :)
limonabc

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests