WeBuilder: Jump to code from preview (HTML specifically)

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

WeBuilder: Jump to code from preview (HTML specifically)

Postby karmacomposer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:55 am

I just purchased WeBuilder 2015 and it's an excellent IDE. However, one thing that would make HTML and other coding tasks easier is jump from preview.

I am using full screen preview on a second monitor to preview the web page or project. If I click in that preview, other than links, nothing really happens in the code editor.

It would be so much easier to code web pages and other projects if when you clicked on a area of the preview, the IDE jumped to the area of the code that is being clicked.
The vice versa would also be great - click on a code fragment and it jumps to that section on the preview. This could be something you turn on and off if you require a more
traditional experience without disturbing either the preview or IDE.

I hope this can be implemented.

One last thing I would not mind is to be able to change the top bar and frame of WeBuilder to a dark theme. I already have the code window in a dark theme, but the
rest is glaringly bright. I have cataracts in both eyes and the bright area affects me. By having the entire IDE dark, it would be much better for my eyes. Is this possible?

Mike
karmacomposer

Re: WeBuilder: Jump to code from preview (HTML specifically)

Postby Aivars » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Regarding preview - this feature does exist but only for the split screen preview, not the full screen preview. If you want to use it for the split-screen preview, enable Synchronize with Cursor under the gear icon.

The next major version that we are working on will allow darker interface. Not 100% black, especially in panes (file explorer, inspector etc), but much better than current version.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests