External CSS Selectors From Within Current Doc

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

External CSS Selectors From Within Current Doc

Postby mikeycorleone » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:58 am

hi, webuilder seems like it could be the best web editor out there, and for a great price!

- a nice feature though, would be to be able to work on example.html, which links to an external stylesheet, example.css. Then, while still in example.html, you could create a CSS selector and have it automatically added to example.css.

- Also, along with this, when working on example.html, we should be able to see our external selectors in the CSS code explorer.

TSW Webcoder 2005 has these 2 great abilities.
Check it out at:
http://www.webcoderusers.net/demos/cssdemo1.html

- Something that topstyle has turns <...[url=http://]class="example"[/url]> into a hyperlink. Clicking on the hyperlink brings you directly to the selector in the external stylesheet. another very useful feature.

all of these features should also work the similarly if using embedded stylesheets.

i think that if webuilder implemented these features, combined with all its other great features, it would surely be best of breed.
mikeycorleone

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests