Live preview over internet in WeBuilder

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Live preview over internet in WeBuilder

Postby Stumpi » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Hello,

I would like to see my page live over the internet in the preview window. So just as in external Brower. This setting I have not found. Embed the Apache web server did not work out. In Browser it goes without problems. In the preview window, I always get error 403. I would be glad if my suggestions will be considered in a later version.

Thank you, Stumpi.
Stumpi

Re: Live preview over internet in WeBuilder

Postby Aivars » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:08 am

To have it automatically preview correctly (if you use your own local Apache) make sure the preview mappings are configured correctly under menu Options -> Preferences -> Preview -> Mappings

Or, as alternative, in the preview Window there is address bar that allows you to write http://your.internet.address
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Stumpi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. I think the settings under menu Options -> Preferences -> Preview -> Mappings are correct. My apache htdocs directory is "Arbeitsordner".
My settings is:

Local Path: G:\Daten\www.pskreporter.de\Arbeitsordner\
Web Path: http://localhost/

In Webbrowser all running well. What going wrong?

Thanks for the alternative proposal. This works quite well so far. Practically would be a history for the address bar here. Also I need to copy the path from the browser address bar. Very useful it would be an entry "Copy Path of the file" if I click with the right mouse button on the activ tab. Or in File Explorer, the feature "Copy Path of the file" would be nice.

Stumpi
Stumpi

Postby Stumpi » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:33 pm

I have now found this plugin http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6133, I'll try it.

Are my settings on the local Web server right?

Stumpi
Stumpi

Postby Aivars » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:47 am

Can you try to preview in IE and when you get 403, right click the preview area and select from popup menu Properties. Does the Address (URL) look correct?
Aivars

Postby Stumpi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:12 pm

The url is correct. My default browser is google chrome. Here all runnig well. Now I have tried with IE, Firefox and Safari. Here I get an error 403. I have any set and changed. It's not working. I tried the whole day there, no chance. After testing Xampp, I also installed and tested Wamp. Here I have the same problem. WeBuilder, Xamp or Wamp run properly. There seems to be a problem with Windows. The ports 80 and 443 are not in use and my firewall I have switch off. It must be another problem. I give up. :(

Anything else. The plugins to copy the file name or file path does not work with me. The tab of the open file twitches briefly, nothing more happened. Nothing is saved in the clipboard. What am I doing wrong?

Stumpi
Stumpi

Postby Aivars » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:18 pm

I'm not sure, it just works. After the twitch there should be file name/path in the clipboard. Does copy/paste work for you at all?
Aivars

Postby Stumpi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Yes it works for local files. But I had actually liked this for files that have been opened via FTP. Is this may be possible in a later version, or via a plugin?

Thank you for help, Stumpi
Stumpi

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:04 pm

The plugin would have to be updated to support files from FTP. I'll add it to suggestions.
Aivars

Postby Stumpi » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:25 pm

Thank you. HNY 2016 and best wishes to the Blumetal Team. :)

Stumpi
Stumpi

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests