Add extra dependencies to Projects

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Add extra dependencies to Projects

Postby pmk65 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Im currently working on a PHP CodeSniffer plugin for WeBuilder.
It uses a sniff file for validating the PHP code, and you can manually select different sniffer files in the plugin.

It would be nice if there was a way to add extra dependencies to Project.
That way I could setup different sniff files for each project and don't have to bother with changing the plugin settings every time I switch to a different project.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Add extra dependencies to Projects

Postby Aivars » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:38 am

Could you give me some specific samples of the extra dependencies? I'm not sure I understand entirely, would that be something like a list of files for each project, to be used as meta-data for plugins?

Maybe you can change the plugin instead, to contain global settings and project-specific settings. You can use Script.ProjectSettings.SelectedProjectName to figure out which project is currently active.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:26 am

With PHP CodeSniffer you select a sniff config to use when checking the code.
But different projects might require different sniff configs, depending on how they have defined their standard. (i.e. Wordpress uses a different standard than Drupal etc.)

I probably could incorporate some Project config directly in my plugin. But then you would have to configure each project two different places. That's why I want more options on the Projects config options.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:53 pm

So, ideally if a plugin could add new pages to Project Settings dialog? This doesn't sound easy but I'll consider if and how that can be added.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby pmk65 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:36 pm

Yes. I got an idea to implement this.

If a plugin have a project.ini (with a format similar to plugins properties.ini, with type, label text and default value) then the fields defined there would be shown on the Create/Edit Project popup.
Any values entered in these fields would be saved in the "settings/projects.ini" along with the standard Projects settings.

That way it will be easy to access those fields from within a plugin using a TIniFile object.

All custom fields could be displayed on an extra tab.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests