CoffeeScript support

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

CoffeeScript support

Postby anderson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:38 pm

Since there's no way to add a new language to the editor and this feature can't be implemented via plugins and definetely there's any workaround with the current version of WeBuilder: please add CoffeeScript language support.

Even if WeBuilder can't compile the code into JavaScript, this job can be done with a plugin BUT when you open a CoffeeScript file using the Javascript's syntax the editor throw errors, so basically you can't use WeBuilder as a CoffeeScript editor at the moment.

I'm working in a SASS compiler plugin, there's one to compile LESS, so the CoffeScript support makes WeBuilder a very atractive and complete deal. :D
Web developer and designer. Using WeBuilder since 2014.
anderson

Re: CoffeeScript support

Postby pmk65 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

I think you CAN add new parsers to the Editor. (But it's not very intuitive IMO)
In the folder "Webuilder 2016/data/parsers/" you have parsers for the various languages supported in WeBuilder.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby anderson » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 pm

Unfortunately no,

There's not way to add new languages/parsers vía Options yet. You can edit the existent but not add new ones. Maybe editing the program's internal files but I will not take that risk. :?
Web developer and designer. Using WeBuilder since 2014.
anderson

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:36 pm

The trends show that interest in Coffeescript is unfortunately declining, so we're not planning to write it ourselves at this moment, sorry. But if you could write a CoffeeScript parser, we will gladly add it.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests