Solo or Break out Windows and Code Explorer

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of this software

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please follow these guidelines when posting feature requests. This will help to increase the value of your contribution.

• Do not create new topics for already requested features. Add your comments to the existing feature request topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each feature suggestion. Do NOT post a number of non-related feature suggestions in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Do NOT create topics with meaningless titles, such as "My Suggestion" or "My Problem".

Please note that we DO READ all suggestions, even if a reply is not posted. Thanks!

Solo or Break out Windows and Code Explorer

Postby ajmaske » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:46 am

Not sure how to exactly describe this so please bear with me ... I work with multiple monitors and often open several files some mainly for reference (not necessarily for editing) when I drag a file (by the tab) and pull it out of the main app to place it in another monitor it would be nice if a separate Code Explorer pane for that file could go with it.

Actually, I believe I just found a bug (?) ... when I drag the file editor out of the main app, the Code Explorer pane updates to reflect the now external file displaying its guts, however, when I go to click on an item in the Code Explorer (still inside the main app) it auto updates to the file in the main app so its almost useless for file editors that are detached. If it pull the Code Explorer out of the main app then it will work as expected. Being able to have multiple Code Explorers in this case (attached to each window) would be much more beneficial and usable.
Anthony
ajmaske

Re: Solo or Break out Windows and Code Explorer

Postby Aivars » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:28 pm

The reason why it reflects the code from the main window when you click the attached Code Explorer is that at that moment when you click the window, it switches to it and the document located in the main window becomes active.

I'm worried that introducing many Code Explorer windows might cause a lot of confusion and clutter, but maybe there's a smart way to do it. I'll add it to suggestions list for evaluation. If anyone else requires this feature, let me know.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Solo or Break out Windows and Code Explorer

Postby ajmaske » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:14 am

what did work was also detaching the "Code Explorer" from the main app as well, so I end up with 3+ windows ... I think this would work fine, I just have to remember to put it back where I like it in the main app ... :lol:
Anthony
ajmaske

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Feature Requests